Saturday, August 24, 2019

Worship leading is not for everyone

At the beginning I want to assure you, that I was never 100% follower of worship music, especially in the past. There is no exact reason for it, maybe just that there was no kind of personality within modern worship leaders which would get me....That is what I would like to speak about. Worship leading.

Today there are a lot of people who tries to lead a worship. But at the beginning there is one thing important: define what true worship leading should consist of.

At first: Thirst for demonstration of observance, love, respect, devotion to Lord. Giving glory to Him. And lead others to do it with you.

And it can be  sometimes hard. Not everyone is able to lead, especially lead a crowd. I think if you want to lead people to worship, you have to depersonalize yourself. From the moment you start to worship , it is not about you anymore. There is necessity to lower yourself and give everything to that special feeling which leads you to worship. That feeling is called Love.
Your attention have to be fully on the Lord. Just then you are convenient. And this is what I missed on modern worship leaders.

I met with truly, total submission in just few cases. And the best example of what I think is the best worship leading I found in Jeremy Riddle. He does not lead. His personality and full being leads instead. It is not his voice, it is his presence.

For me, when he sings, it is just like you are in Heaven, in front of the Lord. His attention is not on the people, his attention is flying in the skies and your mind starts to fly with him . When I heard song Holy sung by him for the first time, I had absolutely picture of how it will look like in Heaven and Earth when Jesus will come for the second time. When he sings I think angels in Heaven are lead by him. His voice, his presence, his performing totaly demonstrates total zeal for only one thing: Giving Glory to God Almighty.

His performance is not typical performance. He does not perform, He worship. With full being , like he is. With everything what is inside him. And that is what exalt people who listens to him. 

I am sorry that modern worship leaders are trying to impress crowds before them. I am sorry that modern worship leading is about own presentation , for me it seems like true intention of worship leading is missing.

And I think I am not the only one who is sorry about that, too.

I think that with Jeremy there is still possibility and hope that worship leading will not fall. That true intention and mission of worship will stay in honest field, that worshipping will what it is meant to be: Talking and praise to Lord. Not making own name, but glorify the Name of our Lord.

Source: Facebook

2 comments:

  1. This is so true. Worship leaders are to lead the congregation to worship God not bring attention to themselves. They are mot there to entertain people, but to bless God. Sometimes its hard to draw groups of people into worship because the people want to be entertained they are not used to true worship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has been a worship leader for over 40 years and we have seen such a change in how it is portrayed now and the attention brought to people rather than to God that distresses us greatly.

    ReplyDelete

Ani Panna Mária nemá hranice

  A to myslím doslova. Keď sa zjavila v ďalekej Rwande, predpokladám, že mnohým prebehla v hlave myšlienka, prečo práve tu? A ako to, že s...